Travel Quotes

Mark Twain said, “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” Maya Angelou

_____________________________________________________________________________________
....................."One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching." Unknown..................


I would like to welcome new readers to my travel blog. If you are reading this for the first time, then I suggest you first read my introduction which I wrote last November when I started this. It explains why I am writing this and it gives you a little about my background. And most importantly it explains about my list and how it works. To go to that post, click on the following link - http://havelistwilltravel.blogspot.com/2011/11/have-list-will-travel-introduction.html


Tuesday, April 3, 2012

She Who Loves to Travel

 I have a picture on my wall by my computer area, which I purchased at a craft/art show years ago.  The artist is Suzy T and it is of a curly haired woman with bags packed and a Bon Voyage sign behind her.  This write up is on the back of the picture, and I have always loved what it says, and it has always seemed like it was speaking to me.

  She Who Loves To Travel        
                                                                                                                                                                     
She wants to see it all, do it all, taste it all.
There are so many wonders in the world
fish tacos
And by golly, she wants and insider's look at each one.
She wants French Bread in France,
Chicken Kiev in Russia,
Tacos in Mexico,
And hot dogs at Dodger Stadium.
But that's not all.
She wants to hike the Redwood Forest,
Ski the Swiss Alps,
Watch the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace
And dive the Great Barrier Reef.
Redwood Forest
Her passport is always current....
She has enought Frequent Flyer miles
To travel around the world....
And the best time of her life
Is when she's packed and ready to go.

That certainly is how I feel, and I am happiest when I am packed and ready to head out on my next trip, except I always hate saying good-bye to my dogs, they have such sad eyes when they know we are leaving them.  But we leave them in good hands in their own home, so I miss them but I don't worry about them.

We are heading out on a new adventure next month, not packing yet, but getting excited.   We will be meeting our friends in Scotland and heading off for adventures from there with them.  Looking forward to seeing them, and making new memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment