Travel Quotes

Mark Twain said, “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” Maya Angelou

_____________________________________________________________________________________
....................."One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching." Unknown..................


I would like to welcome new readers to my travel blog. If you are reading this for the first time, then I suggest you first read my introduction which I wrote last November when I started this. It explains why I am writing this and it gives you a little about my background. And most importantly it explains about my list and how it works. To go to that post, click on the following link - http://havelistwilltravel.blogspot.com/2011/11/have-list-will-travel-introduction.html


Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My new updated Travel List

"Goals that are not written down are just wishes."
 Unknown
 
To my readers who have been following this blog, you know I have a list of 10 Places To See or Do Before I Die.  But I don't just keep deleting as I do things, until I run out of things to do.  Instead, as I do things on my list, I cross them off and add new places.  That way there are always 10 things to see or do.  Well, we just got home from a cruise, which we took to celebrate our 45th anniversary.  We actually flew to Buffalo, New York, went over to Niagara Falls for 2 nights, then drove up to Montreal and got on our Holland America ship, the Maasdam.  The ship sailed up the St. Lawrence River and stopped in Quebec, Charlottetown on Prince Edward, Sydney, Halifax, Bar Harbor and ended in Boston.  On my list of "10 Things to See or Do" I had both Niagara Falls and Quebec listed.  So those 2 things are coming off my list and here is the new list:

Iguassu Falls, at night
My (Updated) List of Places to & Thing To Do Before I Die

1.  Tanzania & Zanzibar - balloon trip over the Serengeti
2.  Victoria Falls in Africa
3.  Night skiing on a ski bicycle in the Alps
4.  Australia/New Zealand - snorkeling the great barrier reef
HaLong Bay, Vietnam
5.  HaLong Bay, Viet Nam 
6.  Take the Moonlight walk at Iguazu Falls, Argentina
7.  Canal barge trip in France with a visit to Monet's home
8.  Stay at Sanctuary Lodge at Machu Picchu
9.  St. Petersburg, Russia
10. Go zip-lining in Costa Rico
 
 
Balloon over the Serengeti
We are currently making plans to do the first 2 things on the list next year.  All three places can be combined on one trip to Africa.  So hopefully, those will come off next year.
 
 As we have done with all of our recent travels, my husband writes emails home to family and friends and when we get home we put that into a report with pictures.  If you would like to read about our most recent trip to Niagara Falls and our cruise on the St. Lawrence, which took us to Quebec and other places, go to the side bar under Trip Reports of Trips we have taken and it is the last in the list.  Or you can click on this link and it will take you to it.
http://havelistwilltravel.blogspot.com/p/trip-to-niagara-falls-and-st-lawrence.html
 


No comments:

Post a Comment