Travel Quotes

Mark Twain said, “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” Maya Angelou

_____________________________________________________________________________________
....................."One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching." Unknown..................


I would like to welcome new readers to my travel blog. If you are reading this for the first time, then I suggest you first read my introduction which I wrote last November when I started this. It explains why I am writing this and it gives you a little about my background. And most importantly it explains about my list and how it works. To go to that post, click on the following link - http://havelistwilltravel.blogspot.com/2011/11/have-list-will-travel-introduction.html


Saturday, February 10, 2018

Our Icelandic Adventure

We just returned from another trip.  We went to Iceland on a Northern Lights tour.  My list of places to see included a trip to Iceland to see the Northern Lights, but the weather did not cooperate and we didn't see them.  Regardless, we had a great time.  I'm not always a big fan of taking a tour, but this one was great.  Yes, we were on a big bus, and we had limited time at places, but in this instance it worked.  We were only there for 8 nights, and our main goal was to see the lights and to see some of the island, the geysirs, the glaciers and the town of Reykjavik.  We did see all those things, and with a limited time and the cold weather, the tour was a good way to go.  And we had a great group of people.  Usually there are a few in a tour group that you just aren't crazy about, but I liked everyone in this group, so that helped. Anyway, as in the past, George wrote home emails about what we were doing, and I took those emails and made them into a trip report with pictures.  All our trip reports are listed in the side column under the heading Trip Reports - the last one on the list is our trip to Iceland, so if you are interested in reading our latest adventure, it is there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment