Travel Quotes

Mark Twain said, “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” Maya Angelou

_____________________________________________________________________________________
....................."One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching." Unknown..................


I would like to welcome new readers to my travel blog. If you are reading this for the first time, then I suggest you first read my introduction which I wrote last November when I started this. It explains why I am writing this and it gives you a little about my background. And most importantly it explains about my list and how it works. To go to that post, click on the following link - http://havelistwilltravel.blogspot.com/2011/11/have-list-will-travel-introduction.html


Friday, October 5, 2018

Home from Another Trip

We just returned home from a cruise through the Panama Canal, followed by a road trip up to Orlando the visit Walt Disney World and Universal Studios.  It was an enjoyable trip for the most part, although certainly hot and humid, which did wear us out some.  As always, George wrote emails home to family and friends.  I have taken those emails and put them under Trip Reports of Trips We Have Taken, on the side column.  If you would like to read about our trip you can click on this link -

I hope you enjoy reading about our latest adventure.  Now that we are home, we are in the process of adopting a dog.  We have picked out a rescue dog, which we will be getting soon.  My last posting was about our year without a dog.  Although we still miss Baxter and Sadie every day, it is time to have a new dog to love.  I will post pictures soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment