Travel Quotes

Mark Twain said, “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” Maya Angelou

_____________________________________________________________________________________
....................."One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching." Unknown..................


I would like to welcome new readers to my travel blog. If you are reading this for the first time, then I suggest you first read my introduction which I wrote last November when I started this. It explains why I am writing this and it gives you a little about my background. And most importantly it explains about my list and how it works. To go to that post, click on the following link - http://havelistwilltravel.blogspot.com/2011/11/have-list-will-travel-introduction.html


Wednesday, March 7, 2012

45 Places to go in 2012

Just read an interesting article that lists the 45 places to go in 2012.  The list was put together by the New York Times.  I was thrilled to see that many of the places on my list as well as places I have been, made the list.  Even better, San Diego is number 14 on the list and since that is my home, it made me proud to see it there.  There are also quite a few places that I had not really considered, and may now add to my list in the future.  For anyone wanting to check it out, here is the link:
http://travel.nytimes.com/2012/01/08/travel/45-places-to-go-in-2012.html?pagewanted=all

1 comment:

  1. Is Antarctica one of them? Wouldn't mind seeing Ukraine...after I see Florence, Wales and Morocco and then ....,and ...and then....

    ReplyDelete