Travel Quotes

Mark Twain said, “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” Maya Angelou

_____________________________________________________________________________________
....................."One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching." Unknown..................


I would like to welcome new readers to my travel blog. If you are reading this for the first time, then I suggest you first read my introduction which I wrote last November when I started this. It explains why I am writing this and it gives you a little about my background. And most importantly it explains about my list and how it works. To go to that post, click on the following link - http://havelistwilltravel.blogspot.com/2011/11/have-list-will-travel-introduction.html


Monday, June 10, 2013

My New Updated Travel List

 

My updated list of places to see

  • Australia/New Zealand - snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
  • Halong Bay, Viet Nam
  • Take the Moonlight walk at Iguazu Falls, Argentina
  • Canal barge trip in France with a visit to Monet's home
  • Stay at Sanctuary Lodge at Machu Picchu
  • St. Petersburg, Russia
  • Go zip-lining in Costa Rico
  • Night skiing in the Alps on a ski bicycle
  • Go to Cuba
  • A tall ship cruise to the Virgin Islands
Tall Ship in the Caribbean
My husband and I just returned from a 3 week trip to Africa.  While there we went to Victoria Falls, and then a 12 day safari through Kenya and Tanzania.  The safari included a balloon trip over the Masai Mara.  I know that my list did say that I wanted to take a balloon trip over the Serengeti, but my main objective was a balloon trip over a wildlife area in Africa, and the Masai Mara certainly fulfilled the requirement, and we did visit the Serengeti, which was wonderful.  We could have booked another balloon trip there, but felt it would be anticlimatic after just having done it.  We then went over to the island of Zanzibar for a couple of days, to relax before heading home.  Because of this trip I have crossed off the top 2 things on my previous list. I always add something new when I cross off something I have done.  I am now adding Cuba and a tall ship cruise to the Virgin Islands to my list.

If you would like to read about our African Adventure, I will be posting that with pictures to this blog in the next few days.  Give me a few days to catch my breath and get unpacked and then it will be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment